Stihl MS 310 Chainsaw
STIHL chain saws are the number one selling brand of chain saws worldwide.
What's so great about a STIHL chain saw? Glad you asked. When you need a chain saw that's reliable and dependable, you need a STIHL! Are you an occasional user, farmer, logger, landscaper or arborist? Work construction, fire and rescue or as a tree surgeon? It doesn't matter. We have the chain saw to meet your needs!
Fit your saw to the job when it comes to work around your home. Whether it's cutting firewood or a bit of trimming, these saws are for you.
For more than just around the home. Get a saw that can help make quick work of your bigger cutting jobs. These saws provide more power for tougher chores.
For more than just an occasional job, these saws get the bigger jobs done right. They are perfect for cutting firewood, and have more power and features than our smaller chain saws. Farmers and landscapers also depend on mid-range chain saws from STIHL to take down bigger trees, clear thicker limbs and larger areas.
All the features but with more power than the STIHL Farm Boss®. Includes an adjustable automatic oiler, Ematic™ guide bar and OILOMATIC® saw chain. Other features include IntelliCarb™ compensating carburetor and toolless fuel and oil caps.
STIHL recommends #3624 (33 RSC3 60) OILOMATIC® saw chain and 16" 3003 008 8913 Ematic™ guide bar combination.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers
- IntelliCarb™ compensating carburetor
- Excellent power-to-weight ratio
- Adjustable automatic bar and chain oiler
- Carburetor preheat shutter for summer/winter operation
- Side access chain tensioner
- Forged connecting rod with caged needle bearings (like professional saws)
- STIHL OILOMATIC® Saw Chain. STIHL makes its own saw chain.
- Ematic™ Bar includes a polymer ramp reservoir which holds bar oil until it can be picked up by passing chain. This can reduce oil usage by up to 50%.
- Bumper Spikes provide better control, making cutting easier.
- Spark Arrestor Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contain a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- STIHL Quickstop® Chain Brake System is designed to stop the chain in fractions of a second. Can be manually activated or activated by inertia, if the kickback force is sufficient.
- Front Hand Guard designed to reduce the risk of injury.
- Front Handle is designed for a secure grip and ergonomically angled for comfort. (Heated handle available on STIHL Arctic™ versions).
- Protected Spark Plug – protected, yet easy to change.
- Large Starting Handle is easy to grip.
- Smooth Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.
- Air Filter Cover is easy to remove for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Master Control Lever™ is a single lever operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch.
- Rear Hand Guard reduces the risk of injury, as well as providing wide area for foot placement during starting.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact, and are corrosion-resistant.
- Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work.
- Anti-Vibration System helps reduce operator fatigue.
- Toolless Fuel and Oil Caps require no tools to open or tighten. Cap retainers help keep cap from being lost.
- Displacement: 59.0 cc (3.6 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 4.0 bhp (3.0 kW)
- Weight: 13.0 lbs. (5.9 kg)
- Fuel capacity: 18.9 oz. (560 cc)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 11.2 oz. (330 cc)
- Oilomatic® Chain: 3/8 in. RSC3
- Recommended Range of Guide Bar Lengths: 16 in. to 20 in. (40 to 50 cm)